Dr. Siddharth V.T.
MBBS, MS (GEN SURG), MCh (CVTS)
Areas of Interest:
- Congenital cardiac surgeries
- Valve repairs
- Aortic surgeries
- Adult cardiac surgery
- Redo cardiac surgeries
- Lung surgeries
- Tracheal surgeries
- Heart and lung transplantation
Best paper award under Prof. Suresh C. Tyagi Symposium for Young Faculty award at the 10th Annual Conference of International Academy of Cardio Vascular Sciences – India Section at Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai,Tamilnadu.
Got the best outgoing student in M.S., General Surgery (Award instituted in memory of Late Sri B Putte Gowda of Chickmagalur, Considered as Gold Medal), Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University, Manipal.Mrs. Suseela Santhosam Memorial gold medal Award in M.Ch(Cardiothoracic) examination awarded by The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR medical university. Presented many research papers at national conferences.
During training period assisted around 480 Adult and Complex congenital heart procedures as well as various types of lung surgeries and performed about 250 cardiothoracic surgical procedures.
Awarded the best outgoing resident in the year 2018 in cardio thoracic surgery training at Madurai Medical College.
Awarded the Gold Medal in the university examination in the year 2018.
DURING HIGHER SPECIALITY TRAINING PERIOD
- CABG – on pump, off pump
- CABG with MVR
- CABG with AVR
- CABG with DVR
- Closed mitral valvotomy
- Bentall’s procedure
- Pulmonary thromboendarterectomy
- Myxoma – Excision
- TOF – ICR
- TAPVC repair
- DORV – IVTR
- Bidirectional Glenn shunt
- Coarctation Repair
- Sternal reconstruction for pectus excavatum
- VATS Decortication
- VATS Lung biopsy
- VATS nodal biopsy
- Ivor Lewis esophagectomy
- Orringers esophagectomy
- Mc Keon’s esophagectomy
- Diaphragmatic plication
- Diaphragmatic hernia repair
- Cervical rib excision – trans axillary and supraclavicular
- Tracheal resection
Have assisted around 480 cases.
TRAINED IN PERFORMING:
- Going on Cardiopulmonary bypass
- Atrial septal defect closure
- Ventricular septal defect closure
- Patent ductus arteriosus ligation
- Mitral valve replacement
- Aortic valve replacement
- Double valve replacement
- SVG, Radial Artery & LIMA harvesting
- CABG – Proximal anastomosis
- IABP insertion
- Mediastinal mass excision
Have performed around 250 cases.
- Have been a part of Heart transplant team in Government Rajaji Hospital,Madurai, 25.10.2017. First heart transplant in South Tamilnadu.Assisted the recipient team.Received appreciation for the same from our Honorable Chief Minister of
Tamilnadu Mr.Edapadi K.Palanisamy.
- Have been part of recipient team in second Heart transplant- 02.02.2018.Have been actively involved in the pre-operative workup and management and post-operative care of the transplant patients.
Have assisted for around 40 Renal Transplantations – Recipient team.
POST RESIDENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Worked as a Junior cardiothoracic surgeon, at G.K.N.M hospital,
- Positive Pressure Ventilation during cardiopulmonary Bypass and its effect on patients undergoing Open heart surgery -published in The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR medical university e-Journal, August, 2018.
- Josephraj G, Anand V, Siddharth VT, Karthikeyan B, Manivannan P,Anandan H.– Comparison of the Outcome of Ventricular Septal Defect Closure using Gore-Tex and Glutaraldehyde-treated Autologous Pericardium. Int J Sci Stud 2017; 5(3):115-118.
- Josephraj G, Anand V, Rani P, Siddharth VT, Karthikeyan B, Anandan H. Prosthesis Mismatch in Mitral Valve Replacement with TTK-CHITRA Valves: A Retrospective Study. Int J Sci Stud 2017;5(2):190-193.
- Krishna, Sunil & Prabhu, Raghunath & Thangavelu, Siddharth & Shenoy, Rajgopal. (2013). Jejuno-jejunal intussusception: An unusual complication of feeding jejunostomy. BMJ case reports. 2013.10.1136/bcr-2013-200219.
- Prabhu, Raghunath & Natarajan, Arjun & Krishna, Sunil & Thangavelu,Siddharth. (2013). Portal pyaemia secondary to open
haemorrhoidectomy: Need for prophylactic broad spectrum antibiotics.BMJ case reports. 2013. 10.1136/bcr-2013-200222.
- Prabhu, Raghunath & Krishna, Sunil & Shenoy, Rajgopal & Thangavelu, Siddharth. (2013). Endometriosis of extra-pelvic round ligament, a diagnostic dilemma for physicians. BMJ case reports. 2013. 10.1136/ bcr-2013-200465.
Conferences and Workshops Attended
- 20th Annual Conference of Paediatric Cardiac Society of India,Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India, October 11-13th, 2019.
- CSCCON 2019, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India, 8th August, 2019.
- Cardiac Morphology and Echocardiography correlation course,Institut Jantung Negara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 29th and 30
th July 2019.
- International conference on Perioperative management of Congenital Heart Disease, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences,
Kochi, Kerala – 7th to 9th June, 2019.
- IACTS Score 2018, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Whitefield, Bengaluru, – 3rd and 4th March, 2018.
- International Conference on Recent Advances in Cardiovascular Sciences, 10th Annual conference of Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences – India Section, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai,Tamilnadu, 8th to 10th February, 2018.
- 64th Annual conference of Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons, Vishakhapatnam, Andrapradesh, 1st
to 4thFebruary, 2018.
- The IACTS National Thoracic CME 2017, Madras Medical College, Chennai, Tamilnadu, 4th and 5th November 2017.
- 18th Annual Live workshop on REDEFINING SKILLS, GKNM Hospital, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, 30th September and 1st October 2017.
- The 8th Cardiac Morphology Course, Madras Medical Mission Hospital, Chennai, Tamilnadu, 8th and 9th, July, 2017.
- 4th CVTS CME 2017, U.N. Mehta Institute of Cardiology & Research Centre, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, 19th to 21st May,2017.
- 63rd Annual conference of Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons, Bengaluru, Karnataka,23rd to 26
th February, 2017.
- 1st National Symposium on Cardiac Surgical Critical Care 2016, Madras Medical Mission Hospital, Chennai, Tamilnadu,5th and 6th November 2016.
- 4th Post Graduate workshop 2016, GKNM Hospital,Coimbatore, Tamilnadu — 22nd and 23rd October 2016.
- CT CME 2016, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai,Tamilnadu, India — 20th and 21st August 2016.
- 1stIndian Coronary Surgery Congress, Fortis Hospital,Bengaluru, Karnataka — 26th and 27th September 2015.
PAPERS PRESENTED IN CONFERENCES
- Early and Midterm outcome after Cone repair in Ebstein Anomaly – Single center experience, 20th Annual Conference of Paediatric Cardiac Society of India, 2019, Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- Midterm outcome after Neonatal repair of Total Anomalous Pulmonary venous connection, 20th Annual Conference of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India, 2019, Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- Effect of Pre-operative Plasmapheresis on AChR-Ab levels in patients with Myasthenia Gravis undergoing Thymectomy and its influence on post-operative outcome. Prof. Suresh. C Tyagi Symposium for Young Faculty award, 10th Annual Conference of
International Academy of Cardiovascular sciences-India Section,Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, February 2018.
- Correlation of post-operative myasthenic crisis with preoperative Osserman’s severity score in patients undergoing thymectomy for Myasthenia Gravis, at 64th Annual conference of Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons, 2018, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Adult Intussusception – Institutional experienceat Karnataka State chapter of Association of Surgeons of India (KSCASICON),2014,Manipal, Karnataka.