Good mental health:
Mental health is about being able to work and study to your full potential, cope with day-to-day life stresses, be involved in your community, and live your life in a free and satisfying way.
A person who has good mental health has good emotional and social well-being and the capacity to cope with change and challenges. Mental health problems can affect your feelings, thoughts and actions, and cause difficulties in your everyday activities, whether at school, at work, or in relationships.
Mental health problems:
Mental health problems cause major changes in a persons’ thinking, emotional state and behaviour and disrupts the person’s ability to work and maintain normal personal relationships. Feeling down, tension, anger or anxiety are all normal emotions, but when these feelings persist for long periods of time, or if they begin to interfere with daily life, they may become mental health problems. Fortunately, most of these problems are not very severe or long-lasting, if professional help is sought.
- General psychiatry
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Psycho pharmacology
- De addiction, Drug and Alcohol services
- Psychological counseling
- Childhood autism, mental retardation, behavioral problems and associated mental health issues.
- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder, oppositional defiance, conduct disorder and related disruptive disorders.
- Child and adolescent counseling, family counseling ,addressing specific issues like parenting skills, behavioral management/modification.
- General Psychiatry:
- Long term care for patients with schizophrenia, schizo-affective disorder and other psychotic illnesses.
- Bipolar spectrum of diseases, major depressive disorder and other mood related illnesses. This also includes patients who have chronic medical illness with co morbid mood issues.
- Generalised anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and other stress related mental health issues.
General Psychiatry Services Provided at Indiana Hospital
All of the above services are been provided both inpatient and outpatient setting some of the specific treatment we have been providing includes.
Child and adolescent services: