Diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the lungs and respiratory system.
The respiratory medicine specialists diagnose and treat various diseases of lungs. In connection with Critical Care Department by the help of invasive and non-invasive ventilator the department is able to manage chronic and acute respiratory illness. Conditions including acute and chronic respiratory failure such as sepsis, asthma, environmental and occupational pulmonary diseases, lung cancer and tuberculosis. Specialists, specialized nursing and technical staff of this department have been able to provide comprehensive care of international standards.
- Pulmonary function testing
- Allergy testing
- Sleep lab
- Stop Smoking Clinic
- Non invasive ventilators
- Bronchial artery embolisation for haemoptysia
- Medical thoracoscopy for disease
- Paediatric febroptic bronchoscopy
- Allergic conditions like asthma, allergic rhinitis are dealt by the respiratory specialists with the help of the full fledge allergy testing facilities and pulmonary function lab.
- Video bronchoscopy helps to diagnose various diseases of lungs like malignancy, infections etc.
- Acute emergencies like massive haemoptysia are managed by bronchial artery embolisation in cooperation with radiology department.
- Various lung conditions requiring surgery are managed with the help of cardiothorasic surgery department.
- Subspecialties like Anti-smoking Clinic and Sleep lab is functioning with the department
- Pulmonary rehabilitation programme for chronic lung disease
- Trained respiratory therapist service for NIC, rehabilitation