Diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the lungs and respiratory system.
Indiana Hospital & Heart Institute is a state of the art 300 Bed facility equipped with latest technology and best Clinical Talents of the region. Each specialty department has leading full time consultants, backed by comprehensive, best-in-class technology and allied, well-trained paramedical staff to provide world-class services, including 24/7 emergency service. The hospital has the most advanced laboratory performing complete range of investigative tests in the field of Bio-chemistry, Hematology, Transfusion Medicine and Microbiology.
A name synonymous with 21st century healthcare, Indiana Hospital and Heart Institute combines healthcare expertise, technology, innovative healthcare management, and global outlook, is all set to redefine the health care delivery of Mangalore. Located in the emerging medical hub of the country, Mangalore, at the convergence of two national highways Mahaveera circle (Pump Well Circle) we ensure fast medical attention to critical patients. Adding life to the 300 bed hospital is the renowned team of doctors who have been serving the people of the city for over a decade. Indiana Hospital aspires to be Mangalore’s finest Hi-Tech corporate hospital, purely an India’s global hospital. We provide
Multispecialty and also super specialty medical support through our well qualified and experienced team of doctors and supporting staff. With a 1:1 ratio nursing care we also have the South India’s best Neonatal Care centre that is one of its kind in the world.
The Indiana Institute of Cardiac Science under the Indiana Hospital & Heart Institute Ltd. The objective of the Institute is to bring together all aspects of cardiac care services under one roof to provide sustainable, comprehensive and affordable care to all class of patients. This is the first of its kind in the region. IICS provides dedicated services in CCU, CTU & Cathlab.
In a short span of time the Institute has already treated a large number of cardiac patients with success rates comparable to that of international standards.
Indiana Heart Care:
Indiana Hospital & Heart Institute has achieved several milestones in the field of interventional Cardiology like the radial complex coronary intervention procedures done for the first time in Mangalore.
Quick Response Emergency Cardic Care Team
Our expert Cardiac team, consisting of eminent professionals, available 24/7, facilitates unique emergency management for heart attack patients.
The Hospital has ICU ambulances equipped with mobile ventilator, defibrillator, oxygen, monitors and other advanced equipments with centralized monitoring and tracking system. The ambulance is manned by qualified doctors and Advanced Life Support (ALS) trained paramedics.
The treatment of the patient will start as soon as the ambulance which is well equipped with monitoring system under doctors guidance reaches the person in need. Thus the delay in treatment during transportation can be avoided. This will ensure better treatment outcomes as the ICU care starts even before the patient reaches the hospital.
Upon reaching the Hospital, the internationally accepted gold standard of treatment, is administered to the patient immediately. This results in excellent outcomes and survival rates.
The other super specialty disciplines also ensure comprehensive care for the cardiac patients who undergo intervention with multi system failure like kidney failure, liver failure, stroke, COPD & Sepsis.
Preferred destination for treatment
Our medical ICU & CCU are par with international standards. Our Hospital is the preferred choice for people from all walks of life including doctors, VIP’s, Celebrities of the region etc. Many patients are referred from Gulf countries & various parts of India for highly specialized radial angioplasty procedure.
Preventive Cardiac Checkup
Prevention is always better than cure; hence we offer a range of check up package for Comprehensive Cardiac Checkup.
Departments of the Cardiac Institute
- Department of Clinical Cardiology
- Department of Interventional Cardiology
- Department of Pediatric cardiology
- Department of Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Department of Cardiac Surgery
- Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Department of Vascular Surgery
- Department of Thoracic Surgery
- Hypertension Clinic
- Vascular Clinic
- Chest pain Clinic
- Valve Clinic
- Pacemaker Clinic
- TMT (Tread Mill Test)
- ECG (Echo Cardiogram )
- CAG (Coronary Angiogram)
- PTCA (Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty
- EPS (Electro Physiological Study)
- Primary PCI
- Peripheral Angioplasty
- Carotid Stenting
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Device Closure & Valvuloplasty
- Pacemaker Implantation
- FFR (Fractional Flow Reserve)
- RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation)
- For Electro Physiology Study – Workmate system
- CABG Open Heart + Beating Heart Surgeries
- Valve Replacement
- ASD (Atrial Septal Defect)
- VSD (Ventricular Septal Defect)
- TOF (Tetralogy of Fallot)
- Heart Lung Machine
- ACT Machine
- Anesthesia Machine
Clinical Cardiology Facilities:
CCU (Cardiac Care Unit) with 17 specially equipped beds and 1 Isolation room
CTU (Cardiothoracic Unit) with 4 specially equipped beds
- Coronary Intervention
- Coronary Angiogram
- Coronary Angioplasty with stenting
- Complex Coronary Angioplasties
- Intra Aortic Balloon pump
- Peripheral Intervention
- Peripheral Angiogram
- Peripheral Angioplasty
- Carotid Angioplasty
- Device Closure of Patent Ductus Arteriosis (PDA)
- Arterial Septal Defect Closure (ASD)
- Ventricular Septal Defect Closure (VSD)
- Balloon Mitral Valvotomy
- Balloon Pulmonary Valvotomy
- PDA Coil Closure
- PDA Device Closure
- AV Fistula Closure
- Device Closer of Arterial Septal defects / ventricular septal defects – perimembranous and muscular defects
- Coil and device closure of PDA
- Ductal stenting
- Balloon dilation of neonatal pulmonary and Aortic Valves
- Temporary Pacemaker Implantation
- Permanent Pacemaker Implantation
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Automated Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator implantation (AICD)
- 3D EP Study
- Automated Implamtable Cardioverter – Defibrillator
- Cardiac Resynchronizing Therapy
1. Department of Interventional Cardiology with modern amenities in cardiac care offers Interventional Cardiology (Radial Angiogram & Radial Angioplasty), Cardiac Cath Lab, Electrophysiology studies; Pace Maker Implantation etc.
Cardiac Catherisation Lab
2. Department of Pediatric cardiology :
Indiana Hospital is internationally renowned for new born & pediatric Health Care. Indiana Institute of Cardiac Sciences offers comprehensive services to pediatric cardiac patients. Department of pediatric cardiology routinely performs pediatric cardiac interventional procedures. Statistics show that 8 out of 1000 children are born with Congenital Heart Disease in India. 50% of children in India with heart disease are dying without proper diagnosis / treatment. Lack of qualified & experienced doctors in this field is one of the biggest health hazards. Recognizing the need of the hour, IIHI introduced the PICU & NICU, par with international standards under the care of Dr.Ali Kumble & Dr.Sudheer. Early diagnosis is the key for treatment of CHD. Interventional technique of Cardiac problem in children are dealt by a team of Cardiologists including Dr.Abdul Mansoor, Dr. Anand KT & Dr. Yusuf Kumble etc.
Services / Procedures Available:
3. Department of Cardiac Electrophysiology
IHHI Department of Cardiology is one among the centers in India having an electrophysiological department performing routine Electro Physiology (EP) studies and Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA).