Anaesthesiologists are doctors who are trained to give anaesthesia, resuscitation, pain relief, intensive care management etc. They possess postgraduate degree Eg: MD or
DNB and Diploma in Anaesthesia (DA).
- Pre-anaesthesia check up clinics.
- The department provides safe and effective anaesthesia for all specialty and super-specialty surgeries.
- Pain relief services and intensive care for trauma patients.
- Postoperative Intensive Care Services for patients undergoing major surgery and high-risk patients undergoing surgery.
- Provides pain relief for normal delivery by means of epidural infusions of local anesthetics.
- Pain and palliative care clinic run by the Department of Anaesthesiology & Analgesia for treatment of chronic pain including cancer pain and chronic pain syndromes.
- Anaesthesia for very high risk patients
- Safe and suitable anaesthesia procedures even for very high-risk, compromised patients for any type of surgery or procedures; for any age group from just born to the very old.
- Attempts to reduce all kinds of pain acute post operative and chronic provides resuscitation services and training.
- Preoperative intensive care and anaesthesia for patients undergoing all kinds of Heart Surgery – Adult & Paediatric.
- Advanced monitoring in cardiac care.
- Blood conservation during cardiac surgery by autologous blood transfusion.
- Reducing blood requirement in children during cardiac surgery by utilizing modified ultra filtration technique.
- Cost effectiveness by regular auditing in cardiac anaesthesia.
- Major aortic, vascular Surgery & thoracic/lung surgeries.
- Cath lab therapeutic and investigative procedure.
- Post operative care after Heart Surgery – Has a well equipped Physiotherapy department.